UTAS provides a state-of-the-art online training program for your new employees, current employees in needing of additional training, and seasoned employees in need of certification.
Register Now!! and be one of our first students to complete the
(CTI) Ceramic Tile Installer course.
Certifications of Ceramic Tile Specialist (CTS) and Ceramic Tile Installer (CTI) are available.
Take advantage of our unique online programs to train your employees without the hassles of traveling, expensive instructor lead-courses, and wasted time.
Click Here! to find out more about the CTS certification training course.
CERAMIC TILE CONSULTANT COURSE
EDUCATIONAL AND CERTIFICATION PROGRAM FOR THE CERAMIC TILE INDUSTRY
Offered by the
Ceramic Tile Institute of America, Inc.
PURPOSE OF THE PROGRAM
To furnish those in the tile industry with a curriculum of skills and knowledge of ceramic tile and its installation which would enable all participants to develop their knowledge to the fullest extent and thereby improve the performance of the total tile industry.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CERTIFICATION
- Read material under discussion to broaden understanding of the topics.
- Cooperate in advancing the best interests of the ceramic tile industry by the interchange of general information and experiences with fellow participants.
- Complete approximately 32 hours of classroom curricula inclusive of a check test to be given at the end of each session. Complete final exam given at the end of course.
- The check tests at the end of each session do not count as grades but are to be used as study material for the closed book portion of the final exam.
- The final exam should last approximately 4 hours, with 2 hours dedicated to an open book exam and 2 hours dedicated to a closed book exam.
- A minimum score of 70% is required to pass the course.
- Complete a 2500 word Research report to be handed in at the end of the course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR RECERTIFICATION
Consultants are expected to keep abreast of changes in materials and methods of tile installations and contribute six hours per year to the continuation of the program after completing the course. A $50.00 per annum fee is part of the re-certification requirements.
You may re-certify by:
- Attending one of the CTC classes throughout the country
- Attend any educational presentation at any national or local trade function
- Provide assistance to, or are a member of any national or local trade association,
- Be a presenter or test monitor of any technical module of the CTIOA Inc. Educational Program
- Prepare a research paper, field report, or provide photo or film history and description of any job installation process, job problem, unique product or application, or manufacturing process having to do with our industry.
CTC COURSE OF STUDY
|History of Tile
Common Problems Prior
Common Problems During
Common Problems Post
Tile Manufacturing Specifications – Ceramic & Stone
Tile Installation Specifications
Installation Material Specifications
Handbook Details Floors
Handbook Details Walls
Handbook Details Counters
Fire Rated Construction
Sound Rated Construction
Refrigeration and Steam Rooms
Customize your curricula by adding two (2) of the following categories to the above
Working with Glass Mosaics
Pools, Fountains, Roman Tubs
Moisture Effects on Assemblies
Tools of the Trade
Role of the Architect
Stairs, Steps, Ramps, Curbs, Thresholds